Main areas of responsibility: Leadership, Oversight, Governance
- Advise and guide ETE’s annual strategic planning process
- Advise and guide annual report of compliance
- Advise and guide ETE’s annual audit process, budget, business decisions.
- Keep informed of and help the board meet all legal, fiduciary responsibilities
- Assist the Nominating Committee in recruiting new board members
- Plan, preside over and facilitate board meetings.
- Consult with board members periodically on their roles and performance
- Develop and manage relationships with sponsors, partners in the charitable sector, and other key stakeholders
- Review event outcomes and metrics for evaluating its impact. Report on its performance and success using these factors
- Ensure ETE’s commitment to a diverse board that reflects the Board Community
This is an opportunity for an individual who is committed to the missions of ETE’s charitable beneficiaries and who has a track record of leadership experience.
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Leadership experience in business, government, philanthropy or the nonprofit sector
- Nonprofit board membership experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including public speaking
- A respect for and commitment to ETE’s mission
- Diplomatic skills and an ability to persuade, convene, facilitate and build consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of ETE’s beneficiaries.
Service on ETE’s board of directors is on a volunteer basis. A minimum of a three year commitment to the role is requested.