Vision Bermuda, formerly The Bermuda Society for the Blind, is the only organization in Bermuda providing a full range of specialist services supporting people of any age with low or no vision. We are a Bermuda registered charity offering vision rehabilitation therapy to help people with vision impairments to learn new skills and maintain independence. We also provide group training classes and social activities.
We are looking for a volunteer Treasurer to the Board, who is familiar with QuickBooks. We anticipate that the person will need to consider a time commitment of 7-10 hours per month to serve in the role, which includes the following:
- Attend monthly Board meetings held on the third Monday in the month at 5:15pm
- Prepare monthly financial reports
- Chair quarterly Finance Committee meetings, review and update policies and procedures as required
- Prepare draft financial statements and oversee the annual audit process
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare the annual budget
- Approve online payments as required
- Assist the Office Administrator with record-keeping using QuickBooks Pro
- Liaise with Bank re signatories and other banking related matters
Interested candidates can email Dudley Cottingham at DCottingham@cml.bm, or call Vision Bermuda on 292 3231.